BARNSTABLE FIRE DEPARTMENT
The Barnstable Fire Department was officially established on July 14, 1935 under the command of the first fire chief, Chief Fire Engineer Raymond J. Neil, and Assistant Chief Engineers W. Dana Holmes and Harrison Kent. At the 1935 Barnstable District Meeting, voters approved $9,000.00 to purchase a fire engine, and $7,000.00 for land and construction of a firehouse. On a plot of land donated by Alfred Crocker in memory of his father, a fire station was constructed, located on Main Street in the center of the Village.
NEWS & NOTICES